Application period for the Fall semester of 2016-2017 academic year is between June 1 and 15, 2016.
Written exam: tba.
1. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.00/4.00 or 50/100.
2. A minimum ALES (verbal - sözel or equally weighted - eşit ağırlıklı) score of 55 (the score must be not older than 3 years) ; or a minimum quantitative score of 149 in GRE (Graduate Record Exam); or a minimum score of 450 in GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test).
3. Any of the following proofs of English proficiency.
Note: Applicants who received their undergraduate degree from Boğaziçi University and are applying to a graduate program within at most two years of graduation will be exempt from the English proficiency test. English proficiency level of citizens from countries where English is the official language will be determined via an interview at the School of Foreign Languages (YADYOK), and a written exam if necessary.
TOEFL: In the paper-based test (TOEFL PBT), a minimum total score of 550 with a minimum score of 4.5 in the TWE section (Test of Written English); or in the internet-based test (TOEFL iBT), a minimum total score of 79 with a minimum score of 22 in the "Writing" section.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic: A minimum combined score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.5 in the academic "Writing" section.
BUEPT (Bogazici University English Proficiency Test): A minimum score of "C".
How to Apply - Online Application
Application to MAAS at Boğaziçi University requires uploading of the following documents to the web address to be announced by the university before the application deadline:
1. Application form of Registrar’s Office available on the Electronic Application System.
2. A bank statement as proof of payment of the application fee. For payment details please call the MAAS office.
3. A notary-approved official copy of the undergraduate diploma or certificate of graduation. Applicants who have not yet graduated must submit an official document to be received from their university showing that they are eligible to graduate.
4. An official transcript of undergraduate (and graduate, if any) courses and grades. The official transcript (in a closed, signed and sealed envelope) must also be submitted to the MAAS program either by post or in person.
5. Two reference letters, at least one academic.
6. Statement of purpose.
7. Document of disciplinary record to be received from the university in which the applicant completed his/her undergraduate studies (only for applicants who have graduated from a university in Turkey).
8. Official ALES, GRE or GMAT score sheet.
9. Official proof of English proficiency.
10. Applicants who have Asian language skills (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or Russian) are required to provide an official proof, to be submitted to the MAAS office. For Japanese language level "Japanese Proficiency Exam", for Chinese language level Chinese Proficiency Exam "Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi" must be submitted.
Tuition and Fees
MAAS is a tuition-based program. Tuitions are paid in three installments at the beginning of each academic semester. Please contact the program office for the current rates of tuition.